The FSWI Listserv purpose is to serve the growing network of social work researchers and educators involved in investigating factors that advance the economic stability and financial wellness of individuals, families, and communites with particular attention to vulnerable populations.
This unmoderated listserv is hosted by the Financial Social Work Initiative at the University of Maryland School of Social Work, Baltimore, MD.
FSWI provides an open forum for dialogue and sharing of information. The primary parameter of the listserv is financial social work research and its relationship to social work practice and education. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• discussions on research findings or research initiatives relative to financial issues;
• cross disciplinary perspectives on financial social work;
• discussions on research methods, and measurement tools;
• sharing social work education curriculum/material related to financial social work; and
• information on research grants, conferences, or call-for-papers.
FSWI expects postings to be constructive in content, reflecting partnership between educators, researchers, and practitioners.